martes, 12 de abril de 2011

Freedom Ch 2: Family

Some days had past, how many? i don't really know. After what had father said the other day, he had being going to some meetings with the rest of the neighbors, three or four of those meetings had past until finally he invited me to one. I got excited at first because since i have use of memory i have said that neighbors equals to family.
Family. Now that i think about it, i have never had a normal or rather a decent family of my own, you know those with the same last name as you, those that can call you any time and invite you any were, no not me....at least not on my father's side. My father's family was kind of different, grandma, long time ago was a nanny and a maid in someones house consisting of a mother, father and four children, soon those people kind of adopted my father and now they're my "family" even though i have never feel like they were my real family. We approached the street were all of us we were meeting, as soon as i saw a big circle of people in the middle of a cold night and in the middle of the street i though: Family and a big smile got in my face.
The meeting was already starting, father got aside of this very tall man, who lived just one street after ours, he was a doctor, i don't know if for real he was a good doctor, but my instincts had always told me that he really was. I used to play with his children, when freedom was still around us. He was kind of the president of this whole thing, he really had a pretty strong voice, many people at the meeting said he had a microphone on his throat.
I really didn't understand a lot of what was going on, until almost the end of the meeting. They were all talking about this big event we would had next coming Saturday, everybody rapidly started to said what they could do to help.
Everyone went back to their homes walking, excited for next Saturday, i was really excited too, excited to have something really important with this people many of you called strangers, for some of you are just neighbors, but for me it was family.

No hay comentarios: